1. Begin by pre-cooking the meatballs according to the instructions on the packet (we baked ours in the oven).
2. Then, preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5.
3. Finely chop the onion and then add the olive oil, the onion and the garlic to a large saucepan over a low heat.
4. Cook for around 5-7 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
5. Add the cooked meatballs, the passata, tomato puree, the oregano and the chilli flakes (if using).
6. Leave to simmer while you partially cook the orzo.
7. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the orzo, cooking for around seven minutes.
8. Strain the orzo, retaining around 150ml of the pasta water, and add this and the orzo to the meatballs and sauce, stirring well to combine.
9. Transfer the meatballs and sauce into a roasting tin, before topping with crumbled feta cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes.
10. Top the freshly baked meatballs with some fresh basil leaves and serve with some crusty garlic bread.
Although the days are starting to get lighter, it is still the perfect time of year for a bowl of truly delicious comfort food. Our Baked Meatballs with Orzo are perfect for a midweek family meal and, while they might not be the most photogenic project here in the Kids Club, they certainly taste amazing! Don’t just take our word for it though, give them a try and let us know what you think…