1. Sift the flour into the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment and make a well in the centre.
2. Add the eggs to the well and start whisking on a low speed.
3. In a separate jug, combine the milk and water, before slowly pouring this into the flour and egg mixture in a steady stream.
4. Continue to whisk until the batter is smooth and all the flour has been incorporated.
5. Set the batter aside to rest for 30 mins at room temperature.
6. When you are ready to start cooking your crepes, begin by giving the batter a final whisk and add the melted butter.
7. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and lightly grease the bottom with melted butter.
8. Add two tablespoons of batter into the pan and swirl it around so the bottom of the pan is evenly coated.
9. Cook the crepe for around 45 seconds on one side, before using a fish slice to flip the pancake over. Cook for a further 30 seconds, then slide the pancake out of the pan on to a piece of non-stick baking paper. Continue until all the batter is used up.
10. To assemble your Banana, Chocolate & Hazelnut Crepes, select four of the crepes and fold them into quarters. Stack them on top of each other with a layer of sliced banana between each one.
11. Melt the hazelnut chocolate spread in the microwave in 15 second intervals until runny and smooth, before using a spoon to drizzle this over the stack of crepes.
12. Sprinkle over a large pinch of roasted chopped hazelnuts and serve immediately.
The 2nd February is Crepe Day, which means it’s the perfect time to cook up a batch of deliciously light and thin crepes!
We’re serving ours with a yummy combination of bananas, hazelnut chocolate spread and roasted chopped hazelnuts, but the brilliant thing about crepes is that they go with absolutely everything – sweet and savoury!
Why not have a go at this week’s recipe and see how creative you can be with your topping choices?