1. Start by preheating your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and lining a 1Ib loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Use a fork or a potato masher to roughly mash the bananas and set aside.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
4. Next, add the mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix until smooth.
5. Stir through the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
6. Finally, fold through the chopped pecans.
7. Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, using a spatula to spread it out evenly.
8. Finally, sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans over the mix.
9. Bake your Banana & Pecan Loaf in the preheated oven for around 50 minutes, until well risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean and free of mix.
10. Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for around five minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you find yourself with some past-their-best bananas lurking at the bottom of the fruit bowl, don’t throw them away! Instead, have a go at Mr Baker’s super delicious Banana & Pecan Loaf! In this quick and easy take on a traditional banana loaf, the addition of the crunchy pecans will ensure that your bake is moist and sweet, crunchy and delicious. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that it will last very long once your family and friends have had a taste.