1. Place the blackberries, orange zest, orange juice and 2tbsps of the icing sugar into a medium saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer over a medium heat, before continuing to cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the blackberries are softened, but still whole and the liquid is slightly syrupy.
3. Transfer to a clean bowl and leave to cool completely, before chilling for a few hours.
4. Once the blackberry and orange sauce has chilled, whisk the double cream with the remaining icing sugar until soft peaks form.
5. Reserving 4tbsps of the blackberry and orange sauce for garnishing, lightly stir the rest through the cream.
6. Spoon the mixture into glasses, before topping with the remaining sauce, a generous pinch of toasted almonds and 2-3 fresh blackberries.
7. Chill your desserts in the fridge until ready to serve.
Blackberries are at their absolute best during September and this super simple dessert really lets them shine!
You’d definitely have to be a fool to give this Blackberry and Orange Fool a miss.