1. Add the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Set the mixture aside to rest while you cut four thick slices of brioche and place them into a large shallow dish.
3. Pour over the creamy mixture and leave to soak for three minutes, before turning the bread and soaking for another three minutes.
4. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, before adding half of the oil and half of the butter.
5. Once the butter and oil start to foam, add two of the brioche slices and fry for around 2-3 minutes until nicely browned on one side.
6. Use a fish slice or spatula to turn the bread slices and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Transfer your French toast onto the serving plate and top with a selection of your favourite toppings, while you cook the other two slices.
8. Finally, dust the toast with a little icing sugar and serve while still warm.
Today is Toast Day, but rather than show you how to simply make a slice of toast (which we’re pretty sure you can already do), we thought we’d ask Mr Baker to whip up something a little more special…
Watch as he shows you how to make some delicious Brioche French Toast, with all the delicious flavours of butter and cinnamon, before topping it with some tasty berries, sliced banana and even a drizzle of real Canadian maple syrup! Yum!
Why not have a go at levelling up your breakfast toast with this tasty recipe – and don’t forget to share your pictures with us!