1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6 and line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until just melted.
3. Add the oats, sugar, melted butter, golden syrup and the almond extract to the bowl of your food processor.
4. Pulse for 20 seconds, until the ingredients have fully combined.
5. Stir through the raisins and half of the flaked almonds.
6. Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and level with the back of a spoon, pressing down firmly. Finally, sprinkle over the remaining flaked almonds.
7. Bake your flapjack in the preheated oven for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
9. Once almost cooled, remove the flapjack from the tin and cut into sixteen equal pieces. Don’t worry if they’re a little crumbly.
10. Your flapjacks will keep for up to two weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
Here in the Kenwood Kids Club, we love a flapjack. Not only are they absolutely delicious, but oats are a fantastic ingredient for keeping you going until your next meal too!
Mr Baker’s Cherry and Almond Flapjack Squares are an incredibly simple way to add a tasty energy boost to your day and they are brilliant for both a quick breakfast or to pack in your lunchbox.
Make sure you give them a try and let us know what you think!