1. Keep and wash six small yoghurt pots (we used Petit Filous Fromage Frais pots)
2. When you are ready to begin assembling your Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate Stirrers, carefully brush or wipe the inside of each pot with a neutral flavoured oil, such as vegetable oil.
3. Place the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl or jug and place it in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
4. Remove from the microwave and stir completely, before returning to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until the chocolate has completely melted.
5. Pour around 50g of melted chocolate into each yoghurt pot, before inserting a new, clean lolly stick or other food-safe stirrer.
6. Top each pot with a generous pinch of mini marshmallows and your favourite Christmas sprinkles, before using the lolly stick to loosely stir the mixture and ensure that all of the additions are stuck to the top of the chocolate.
7. Place your stirrers in the fridge for a few hours or ideally overnight until completely set.
8. To remove the stirrers from the pots, place some warm water into a heatproof bowl and carefully lower the pots into the water, one at a time. After a few seconds, you should find that the chocolate will slide out easily.
9. To serve your Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate Stirrers, simply stir into hot milk until the chocolate has completely melted. Top with additional marshmallows, if you’re feeling particularly decadent.
Is there anything better than a steaming mug of delicious hot chocolate to see you off to sleep on Christmas Eve night? Well, maybe a steaming mug of delicious hot chocolate made with one of your very own homemade Christmas Eve Hot Chocolate Stirrers! These tasty treats aren’t just delicious though – they’re also super fun to make at home with your family as well! They even make brilliant gifts – simply wrap them in cellophane and tie with a bow. Why not leave one out for Father Christmas?! ;)