1. Begin by greasing and lining a 20cm square cake
2. Next, add 300g of the chocolate, the butter and the golden syrup to a pan over a low heat. Stir regularly until melted and smooth.
3. While the chocolate mixture is melting, break the biscuits up into small, bitesize pieces and place them in a large bowl.
4. Add the nuts, dried fruit and sweets, and mix by hand to combine.
5. When it is ready, pour the melted chocolate mixture over the biscuit mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is covered in chocolate.
6. Transfer the mixture into the cake tin and level with the back of a spoon.
7. Melt the remaining chocolate over a double boiler (or in the microwave in short bursts).
8. Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over the top over the biscuit mixture.
9. Sprinkle over your Christmas sweets and sprinkles and then place the tin in the fridge to chill completely, for at least two hours, but ideally overnight.
10. Once chilled, remove the chocolate mixture from the tin and slice into bars using a sharp knife.
We’ve named these Christmas Leftovers Rocky Road Bars because you can literally replace any of the filling ingredients with whatever you have lying around the house over this Christmas season. Whether it’s switching out the pecans for some mixed nuts, the cranberries for raisins and sultanas, or the biscuits for some of your festive faves, we’re confident your Christmas Leftovers Rocky Road Bars will still be absolutely delicious and we can’t wait to see how creative you will be!