1. Start by preheating your oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/GM3 and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together your butter, sugar and the lime zest until light, fluffy and pale in colour.
3. In a separate jug, whisk your eggs and gradually add them to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing on a low speed until fully combined.
Top Tip: If the mixture looks like it may be splitting or curdling, add a heaped tablespoon of your flour to bind it back together.
4. Sieve the flour into the bowl and add the coconut on top, before mixing until just combined – be careful not to over-beat the mixture. Up to 2tbsp of whole milk can be added, if needed, to loosen the mixture to a dropping consistency.
5. Transfer the mixture into your lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 60 minutes (until the mixture stops ‘singing’ and an inserted skewer comes out clean).
6. While the cake is baking, mix together the caster sugar and the lime juice.
7. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, use a skewer to poke holes all over the surface. Pour over the drizzle, before sprinkling with the remaining coconut and leaving to cool in the tin.
8. Once the cake has completely cooled, remove from the tin and transfer to a serving plate or an airtight container until ready to serve.
We’ve made a few drizzle cakes here in the Kenwood Kids Club now, but we honestly can’t get enough of them! This week, Mr Baker is pairing the flavours of zesty lime and delicious desiccated coconut to create a mouth-wateringly tasty bake, packed full of flavour! Perfect for a picnic, afternoon tea or even packing in your lunchbox, we’re confident that this is a recipe you’ll want to revisit again and again!