1. Begin by greasing a large baking tray with oil.
2. Place the flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a large mixing bowl, stirring by hand until the ingredients are well mixed.
3. Make a well in the middle and add 330ml warm water.
4. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, begin to mix the dry ingredients into the water until it all comes together into one large ball.
5. Lightly dust the work surface with a little flour before tipping the dough onto it.
6. Knead the dough by pushing it away from the centre to stretch it out, then folding it back on itself. Turn the dough slightly and repeat, until you have been kneading for around 10 mins. The dough should feel soft and smooth.
7. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll them gently to shape them into balls before placing them onto the baking tray.
8. Cover the rolls loosely with lightly oiled clingfilm and leave to prove for around 45-60 minutes, until they have doubled in size.
9. Halfway through the proving time, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/GM 7.
10. Uncover the rolls and bake in the preheated oven for around 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Allow your rolls to cool slightly, before serving warm with plenty of salted butter.
Is there anything more magical than bread? You start with just a few simple ingredients and within a few hours, you can have something warm, comforting and delicious to eat!
Mr Baker’s Easy Bread Rolls are super soft, super fluffy and super yummy, whether you eat them warm from the oven with plenty of delicious salted butter, or leave them to cool before filling them with your sandwich filling favourites and packing them in your lunchbox.
Give them a try and we bet you’ll never need to buy bread rolls again…