1. Place the tahini and the lemon juice in the bowl of your food processor and pulse for approximately one minute, until whipped and creamy.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the garlic, olive oil and ground cumin. Mix for another minute.
3. Next, add half of the chickpeas to the mixture and process for one minute, before scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl again.
4. Add the remaining chickpeas and mix for a further minute.
5. Finally, add enough aquafaba until the desired consistency is achieved, before seasoning to taste.
6. To serve your hummus, transfer it into a serving dish, topped with a sprinkle of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil. Your Easy Homemade Hummus will keep for up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Why not serve up your Easy Homemade Hummus with some freshly chopped peppers, cucumber, celery and carrots? It’s also delicious with some toasted pitta bread!