1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/GM 7, and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Begin by preparing your ingredients. Slice the baby plum tomatoes in half lengthways, before placing in a bowl with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
3. Next, crumble the plant-based ‘feta cheese’ using a fork.
4. Unroll the puff pastry and place onto the line baking tray, before topping with the sliced tomatoes, cut side up. Remember to leave a 1-2cm crust around the edges.
5. Dot the olives amongst the tomatoes and then roughly tear the basil and sprinkle over the tart filling, before seasoning well with salt and pepper.
7. Melt the plant-based butter in the microwave and use a pastry brush to glaze any exposed parts of the pastry, particularly the crust.
8. Bake your puff pastry tart in the oven for around 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
9. Finally, leave your pastry tart to cool slightly, before sprinkling over the crumbled feta and serving topped with fresh rocket and a drizzle of olive oil.
The summer holidays are here and it’s the perfect time to get stuck into some fun foodie projects and get creative in the kitchen.
With that in mind, this week Mr Baker is showing you how you can create a tasty puff pastry tart that the whole family can enjoy. In his version, Mr Baker is using gluten-free and plant-based ingredients, but it will work just as well with regular puff pastry and feta, if you would prefer.
Perfect for a picnic, a light lunch or even just a tasty snack, why not give our Tomato, Olive & ‘Feta’ Puff Pastry Tart a go and see what you think?