1. Start by adding the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to incorporate.
2. Add the golden syrup, butter and sugar to a pan and heat until the butter is melted.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix, stopping halfway through to add the egg.
4. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment.
5. Use the cutters to cut out the shapes, transfer the gingerbread to a baking tray and bake at 180c fan for 8-10 minutes.
6. While the biscuits cool make the icing by whisking the egg white and gradually adding the icing sugar and a little water until you have a thick royal icing.
7. Divide the icing into batches and colour them, add the icing to piping bags and decorate the gingerbread.
8. Let the icing dry before looping through the string to make the baubles.
9. Finally, enjoy : )