1. Pour the flour into the bowl of your stand mixer, before adding the salt and the yeast.
2. Using the beater attachment, loosely mix everything together.
3. Add 400ml of lukewarm water and two tablespoons of olive oil and mix again for around one minute until fully combined.
4. Switch to the dough hook attachment and ‘knead’ the dough for around 10 minutes. The dough will be very wet, so try not to panic!
5. Place a damp tea towel over the bowl and leave to proof for around an hour at room temperature.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, generously oil a 25cm x 35cm baking tin and add the dough, before stretching it to fill the tin.
7. Cover again with some lightly oiled cling film and leave to proof for around 45mins to an hour.
8. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/GM7 and combine the chopped rosemary, the chopped garlic (if using) and 3tbsps olive oil into a small bowl, stirring well to combine.
9. Once the dough has proofed, press your fingers into the dough at regular intervals to make dimples. Drizzle the rosemary and garlic infused oil all over the bread before sprinkling with flaky salt.
10. Bake for around 20mins until golden. Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before serving warm or cold.
The warmer weather is well-and-truly here and you know what that means… it’s time for delicious barbecues, tasty salads and all sorts of seasonal delights that are absolutely at their best right now! And do you know what goes really well with all of them? Why, a delicious focaccia, of course! Beautifully light, with crisp edges and packed full of flavour, this is one you will want to make again and again!