1. Begin by assembling your ingredients and preheating your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/GM 5.
2. Transfer the potatoes, carrot & swede mash, cabbage and mixed vegetables into a large bowl before adding the salt, pepper and melted butter.
3. Mix until well combined, but not smooth - you should still be able to see the individual ingredients evenly distributed amongst the mashed potatoes, carrots and swede.
4. Transfer the mixture into a heatproof oven dish and top with the grated cheese.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is started to brown in places.
6. Serve your Leftovers Rumbledethumps immediately, alongside a protein of your choice – meat, fish or even a fried egg all work really well.
This week is Food Waste Action Week 2023 and Kenwood is proud to be supporting ‘Love Food Hate Waste’s’ third annual campaign to shine a light on how simple behaviours to reduce food waste can save time and money, and ultimately reduce the impact of food waste on climate change.
Did you know that 4.5 million tonnes of edible food is thrown away each year by UK households alone?! Even more shockingly, 25% of this wasted food is due to cooking, preparing or serving too much, costing UK households £3.5 billion each year!
The campaign aims to increase people’s confidence in ‘using up leftovers’ by promoting a range of skills that can be easily adopted but potentially have the greatest impact on reducing food waste in the home.