1. This is a no-bake recipe, so you will not need to preheat your oven for this one, however you will need to prepare 8-9 inch/20-22cm tart tin or cake tin.
2. Place the digestive biscuits into your food processor and use the pulse function to break them up into fine biscuit crumbs.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave, before pouring this over the biscuit crumbs and pulsing again until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tart tin and use the back of a spoon to press it into the base and up the sides.
5. Chill your tart case in the fridge to chill for around 30 minutes.
6. Once the base is chilled, spoon the caramel into the base and spread it out evenly.
7. Chop the bananas into even slices and place these all over the caramel layer.
8. Whip your double cream until soft peaks form and use this to top the tart, before sprinkling with chocolate shavings.
9. Place the finished pie back in the fridge and chill until you are ready to serve it.
Is there anything better than a classic No-Bake Banoffee Pie?! Mr Baker certainly doesn’t think and this week he is showing us how we can whip one up in mere minutes!
The inclusion of premade caramel means that this one is super simple and super easy, meaning even our littlest bakers can produce something they can be proud of!
Make sure you give it a go!