1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6 and line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until just melted.
3. Add the oats, sugar, melted butter and golden syrup to the bowl of your food processor.
4. Pulse for 20 seconds, until the ingredients have fully combined.
5. Stir through the raisins and pumpkin seeds.
6. Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and level with a spatula, pressing down firmly.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
9. Once almost cooled, remove the flapjack from the tin and cut into eight slices. Don’t worry if they’re a little crumbly.
10. Your flapjacks will keep for up to two weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
Rolled oats are a fantastic ingredient for keeping you going until your next meal and these delicious flapjack bars are an incredibly simple way to use them. They are brilliant for a quick breakfast on the go or to pack in your lunchbox. Why not try switching the raisins and seeds with other dried fruits and nuts to keeps things interesting?