1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/GM7 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on to each pitta bread, using the back of the spoon to spread it towards the edges.
3. Add half of the grated mozzarella cheese to each pitta bread, ensuring it is covered evenly.
4. Chop your toppings into small pieces and arrange these on top of the cheese covered pitta pizzas.
5. Finally, sprinkle a pinch of oregano over the top of each one.
6. Transfer your pitta pizzas onto the lined baking tray and place in the preheated oven for around ten minutes, until the cheese has melted and the edge of the pitta pizzas are a lovely golden colour.
7. Remove the pittas from the oven and allow to cool on the tray.
8. Once completely cool, use a sharp knife to slice each pitta pizza widthways into one inch fingers and place them in your lunchbox ready to take to school.
9. Dazzle your friends in the lunch hall with your delicious homemade pitta pizza fingers.
It’s September (boo!) and that means many of you will be heading back to school this week (boo again!). However, that also means that it’s the perfect time to start thinking about some fun and creative ways to fill your lunchbox this autumn.
This week, why not have a go at Mr Baker’s Pitta Pizza Fingers? They’re quick, delicious and infinitely adaptable, and they definitely make a change from boring sandwiches.
Why not give them a go with your favourite pizza toppings? And don’t forget to share the results with us right here in the Kenwood Kids Club!