1. Start by preheating your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9 and place two baking trays inside to heat up.
2. Add the flour, yeast, salt and sugar to a large mixing bowl and loosely mix together by hand.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the oil and the water to bring together as a dough.
4. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 minute, just until smooth.
5. Place the dough under the upturned bowl to rest while you prepare your toppings.
6. When you are ready to assemble your pizzas, divide the dough into two equal portions.
7. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface, to about 25cm in diameter.
8. Sprinkle a large square of baking paper with the semolina and lift the dough onto the paper.
9. Continue to shape the pizza dough with your fingertips until it is about 30cm in diameter.
10. Spread the pizza with the sauce and add the cheese, before adding any additional toppings and sprinkling with oregano.
11. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before baking, so that the dough begins to rise.
12. Slide the pizzas onto the preheated baking trays, still on the baking paper to help lift them easily.
13. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the base is golden and crisp.
We love making pizza from scratch, but we bet that we’re not the only ones that don’t always have all of the necessary ingredients in the cupboard when a sudden pizza craving strikes?
Luckily Mr Baker is back with another super quick and simple recipe solution, which means you can have a delicious pizza on the table within mere minutes!
Just remember, try to resist the temptation to overload your pizza. Too many toppings can make your pizza base soggy, rather than crispy.