1. Begin by pre-heating the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/GM4 and lining two large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
3. Add the egg and the vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
4. Next, sieve the flour and the baking powder into the bowl and mix together until a soft dough is formed.
5. Roll the dough into 3cm balls and place them onto the baking trays, leaving enough room for the biscuits to spread in the oven. Gently press the centre of each biscuit with your thumb to create a hollow in the centre.
6. Add ½tsp of jam to the centre of each biscuit or until the hollow is filled.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until very lightly coloured. Leave to cool on the tray for around ten minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy New Year baking fans and welcome back to another fun-filled year in the Kenwood Kids Club!
This week, Mr Baker is back with a quick, simple and delicious recipe for his Thumbprint Cookies – the perfect balance of crumbly biscuit and tasty jam.
Super quick to make, they are a fantastic way to use up your leftover jam and they taste great! Why not give them a go with your favourite jammy filling?